Microsoft in an effort not to outdone by Google recently released an amazing suite of free tools that are Web2.0 enabled.
I’m writing this post in a program called Windows Live Writer. Download for free from http://download.live.com/
Here is a preview of the interface. It follows a similar layout to MS Word but is simplified and optimized for blogging.
Here are some of the great features to check out:
- it’s free – maybe I mentioned that :) but one of the barriers of having something all students can use a common product is overcome by having it for free on any district owned or personally owned computer.
- It allows any picture to be copies and pasted from the internet. It then uploads them automatically to the server in a photos folder. Functional simplicity at its best.
- Works with multiple blog sites. I can use Windows Live Writer to post to my sharepoint site, my live account and more.
- Great options to control layout in tables, font colours and more. Personalize at will!
- Can insert with one click links to sites, pictures, photo albums, maps, video and more.
I’d be interested to hear what others think of this program.